To connect to the Guild Chat Server using a third-party client such as Miranda, enter "guildschat.station.sony.com" in the "Login server" box. Allow the application to use the default port, which is 5222, to connect.
A user may log into the Guild Chat Server using either of the following methods:
Enter "WebClient" in the "Username" box.
Enter the "ssid" cookie from the SOE site in the "Password" box.
Enter your Station login name in the "Username" box.
Enter your Station password in the "Password" box.
Note: This method is insecure unless SSL is enabled on the front end and used by the client, in which case the default port is 5223.
Set the Jabber plugin status to "Online" to log in.
Listing characters in a guild
Select "Agents" from the "Jabber" plugin menu on Miranda.
Click the "Register with a new service..." button.
Enter the fully-qualified guild name in the "Jabber Agent Registration" box. Note that the fully-qualified guild name is EQ2.World Name.Guild Name. For example, the Equinox guild on Mistmoore is be denoted as EQ2.Mistmoore.Equinox. The guild room name is also the fully-qualified name of the guild, with the following character substitutions to comply with the Jabber ID standard (see the JEP-0106 RFC for more details: http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0106.html):
For example, the valid room name for the D'oh guild on Antonia Bayle is EQ2.Antonia#20;Bayle.D#27;oh.
A list of characters will appear in a pull-down box on the registration form.
Selecting a character with which to chat
Select a character and click "Register"; the following box should appear.
Entering a guild chat room
Select "Multi-User Conference..." from the "Jabber" plugin menu in Miranda.
Then enter the same fully-qualified guild name that you used for character selection in the "Room:" box. The "Conference server" is guildschat.station.sony.com. Nickname is ignored.
Then your character will be in the guild room.
Note that characters in the room are listed by their fully-qualified names, which consist of the game name, server name, and character name, converted to a JID-compliant format using JEP-0106, just as the fully-qualified guild name was converted to a JID-compliant chat room name.
Chatting with in a guild room
To chat, simply type messages into the lower part of the chat window and press return. Your messages will appear next to your fully-qualified, JID-compliant character name.
The message will also be visible to web-based clients connected to guild chat (for the same guild) through the EQ2 Players web site, as well as characters belonging to that guild that are currently playing EQ2.
Sending instant messages
If a character sends you an instant message ("tell"), the character's fully-qualified name will appear in your roster:
And a message window will appear.
You will be able to reply using this window.
Or by right-clicking on the roster entry and clicking message.
Which brings up the dialog window.
To add an arbitrary person to your roster so you can initiate the instant-message dialog, click "Find/Add Contacts" under the first menu.
Then select "Jabber" from the "Search" drop-down list in the "Find/Add Contacts" window.
Put the fully-qualified character name (Game.World.Character) in the "JID" box.
Then highlight the resulting entry and click "Add to list".
You can then set a nickname if you wish, or just re-enter the character name in the "Add Contact" dialog.
After you click "Add", the character will be in your roster, and you may send messages.
SOE shall determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, what SOE game or games (including what language-versions of those game(s)) the Service will be available for (individually and collectively referred to as the "Game"). All Game software and subscriptions are sold separately.
3. You shall not, through, via or in connection with your use of or access to the Service:
(i) transmit, use, post, upload, link to or distribute, or facilitate the transmission, use, posting, linking to, uploading or distribution, of any message, computer software, text, graphics, pictures, displays, screenshots, user interfaces, artwork, characters, items, coin, housing, music and other components, data, databases, information and materials, whether in written, digital, machine-readable, electronic or visual form (the "Content") that is unlawful, used without permission, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, child pornographic or harmful to minors, that may be invasive of another's right of privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in SOE's sole and absolute discretion;
(ii) impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a Station or SOE official, employee or representative, forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(iii) post, use, transmit, link to, upload or distribute or facilitate the posting, use, transmission, linking to, uploading or distribution of any: Content that you do not have a right to transmit, upload, post or distribute under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements); any pictures or graphics of any minor(s), or modify or prepare derivative works of the Content;
(iv) post, use, transmit, distribute, upload, link to or facilitate the posting, use, uploading, distribution, linking to or transmission of any Content that contains a virus, trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, corrupted data, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, text or personal information;
(v) use the Service in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., denial of service attack, excessive shouting [use of all caps], flooding [continuous posting of repetitive text] or excessively large embedded images);
(vi) post, use, transmit, upload, link to or distribute or facilitate the posting, use, transmission, uploading, linking to or distribution of any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation;
(vii) intentionally or unintentionally, or encourage or facilitate the ability of any other person to, violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
(viii) upload, post, link to, distribute or transmit (or facilitate any of the foregoing) any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party or remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice on any part of the Content;
(ix) use any third party hardware, devices or software or modify any game client, software, or Content (such as through macros, bots, hacks and cheats) to modify or unfairly impact the Service, allow for unattended game play or use of the Service or to decrypt, modify, parse, scrape, interrupt or intercept any data or information relating to the Service or transmitted between client and server; in addition, you may not create, facilitate, host, transmit, re-transmit, mirror, link to or provide any other means through which the Service may be accessed or viewed by others, such as through server emulators or mirrored websites;
(x) use, modify, copy, publish, post, transmit, make derivative works of, adapt, perform, display, synchronize, commercialize or exploit all or any portion of the Contents or other content other than as expressly provided herein;
(xi) allow any other person to access your Service account; you are liable for all activities conducted through your Station and/or Game account;
(xii) use any software, hardware or materials that you do not have valid, express permission to use for this purpose; or
4. You acknowledge and agree that you have not and will not acquire or obtain any intellectual property or other rights, including any right of exploitation, of any kind in or to the Content relating to the Service or Game, the Service, or the Game, or any portion of any of the above, including, without limitation, in any artwork, music, character(s), item(s), coin(s), text, graphics, data, information or other material or property, and that all such property, material, data, information and items are exclusively owned by SOE and is the copyrighted property of SOE.
5. You understand that anything sent, displayed or used via the Service is the sole responsibility of the sending party or user. SOE has no obligation to monitor or supervise the Service, expressly disclaims any representation that it will monitor or supervise the Service -- but also expressly reserves the right to monitor or supervise the Service in its sole discretion. We cannot ensure that your private communications (or communications made to a group of people) and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries. Furthermore, if you request any technical support, you consent to our remote accessing and review of the computer you use in connection with the Service for purposes of support and debugging. You agree that we may communicate with you via telephone, email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Service and any services or software which may in the future be provided by us or on our behalf. You acknowledge that any and all character data and other data and information relating to the Game and the Service is stored and is resident on our servers, and any and all communications that you make within or in connection with the Service (including, but not limited to, messages solely directed at another player or group of players) traverse through our servers, may or may not be monitored by us or our agents, you have no expectation of privacy in any such communications and expressly consent to such monitoring of communications you send and receive. You acknowledge and agree that we may transfer Game and Service account information (including your personally identifiable information and personal data) to the United States or other countries or may share such information with our licensees and agents in connection with the Service.
As part of your use of the Service, you may be able to upload material, information, text, graphics, pictures and other content to our servers in various forms. We may take any action with respect to any of the foregoing uploaded material and content if we believe it is inappropriate, objectionable or offensive, may create liability for us or may cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers, as determined in our sole and absolute discretion. You hereby grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all rights of any kind or nature associated with any such material or content you may upload, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, and all ancillary and subsidiary rights thereto, in any languages and in any media now known or not currently known., associated with such material and content.
6. When you make your IP address available on the Service you have made it public and, accordingly, you should take appropriate measures (such as a firewall) to safeguard your hardware and data from attack or unauthorized access by third parties. You expressly release SOE, its affiliated companies and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any claim or loss you may suffer as a result of any third party access to your hardware, software, computer system and/or data.
7. NEITHER SOE, ANY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH SOE, SOE'S LICENSORS AND LICENSEES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, AVAILABLE, SECURE, VIRUS FREE OR ERROR FREE. We are not liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes beyond our reasonable control. Further, we cannot and do not promise or ensure that you will be able to access THE GAME AND/OR THE service whenever you want, and there may be extended periods of time when you cannot access THE GAME AND/OR the service. You assume the entire risk as to the results and performance of the service in connection with your hardware and software, and you assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair and/or correction of your hardware and software. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
THE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION 7 APPLY TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
IN NO EVENT WILL SOE, ANY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH SOE, ANY SOE LICENSOR OR LICENSEE, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (I) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, (III) THE USE BY YOU OF THE SERVICE AND/OR (IV) THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY SOFTWARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR (B) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OBLIGATION ARISING THEREFROM OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER LIABILITY IS ASSERTED IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY), AND IRRESPECTIVE OF EVEN IF SOE WAS PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. The Service is controlled and operated by SOE from its offices within the State of California, United States of America; but may be served remotely. SOE makes no representation that the Service is available for use in any particular location or in any particular language. Those who choose to access the Service from countries other than the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The Service and Content are subject to United States export controls. The Service and Content may NOT be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders (including, but not limited to, the Denied Persons List). By downloading or using the Service or Content, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.